Hello I am the worst blogger ever


Um I haven’t written anything in a few weeks. Things have been busy, life was happening. A lot of things have changed since I last blogged. Peyton asked to go to school.

I knew in my heart that homeschooling was a temporary thing and I was emotionally not ready to let go of my baby boy. He’s been through so much. Was he going to cope in all aspects?

From when he asked I honoured his request and we went and looked at our local school and one not so local but still only a 5 minute drive away. I hated the local school. It was cold, seemed gloomy, the teachers and staff doesn’t didn’t feel very on to it. Nothing screamed out at me to say send him here! Even Peyton wasn’t interested in looking at anything. I’d heard that the classroom layout was slightly open plan but it was way to open plan for Peyton’s learning needs. He just does not cope with that many noises happening. You could hear every other class room. No way was he going there.

The next day we toured the out of zone school. We hadn’t even got to the school gate and I asked if he could go to this school because it felt warm – bless him! Even he got the same good feeling I did. The assistant principal was my little sister’s first school teacher and so has known our family for years at our old primary school. Peyton and I loved everything about the school. They had a space for him even though he was out of zone and didn’t even hesitate when I requested he be put in a year one class (the other school were suggesting year 2 – another warning sign!).

He asked every day for the next couple of weeks when he was starting. Grandma took him to buy his uniform and stationery. Awesome new lego back pack check! School shoes check! New lunchbox check!

4th June arrived and my wonderful FIL came and picked up Hunter and did the kindy run for me just incase I needed to stay with Peyton at school for a bit.

My goodness that first morning was slighly chaotic. Gone were our hanging out in your PJ’s until 8.30am days!

I walked him to his class, settled him in, he was so happy to be there. I said goodbye and see ya after school, I love you. I got to the school gate and sobbed all the way up the foot path to the car. I put Eli to bed when we got home and sobbed on and off all morning. That first morning of not knowing what he was doing was awful for me. Is he ok?

His teacher rang me at lunctime and he was doing great. What a relief. I still fretted until school pick up.

I was greet at 3pm by one super smiley guy bursting with stories about his day. My fears subsided a little at the sight of his happiness.

The end of the first week he was horrible on the Friday evening. So very tired. We did nothing all weekend and just cuddled and played. Week 2 has been smooth sailing. He has made a small group of friends and his reading has taken off.

I still worry about him but not nearly as much.

Eli is loving not having to share me either.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s